Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In Zanzibar

I never would have guessed that there was Internet access out here but there is. They won't let me post any pictures, but I thought that I would write a note to let you know that we are at least safe. If you are interested, you can get a pretty good idea of where we are at by visiting http://www.amaanbungalows.com. This place is amazing. We have never seen water as blue and beautiful as this. Since we left Dar on Monday, I have taken almost 1000 pictures. Yesterday morning we walked through the local village that our Bungalows back up to. I was an experience watching the families start their day.......although I believe that they had been up a while longer then we had. As we walked, the children became interested in our presence, and several followed us for a while. They don't much like pictures taken of them so you have to be a little sneaky. At sunset we took a Dhow sunset sail cruise with a quick stop to snorkel for a bit. We have one more night here before leaving for Stone Town for one night. I believe we have plans on going to the spice plantation as well. This truly is a place that you have to see with your own eyes to really believe and take in it's complete beauty and rich culture. Can't wait to post pictures for you all to see.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hi, and that I'm enjoying following you on your trip! Looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pics! Africa is always a place I have wanted to visit, so it's fun living vicariously through you all for now!

    ReplyDelete